Due to the current competition in the business environment, mergers and acquisitions have become common as investors maximize on potential business growth.
Due to the current competition in the business environment, mergers and acquisitions have become common as investors maximize on potential business growth. Companies merge or acquire in an attempt to expand market share and diversify business operations. The various transactions and arrangements involved in these processes require the engagement of law experts to address and avoid severe legal implications, which could harm the business.
Our team of legal experts offers various services throughout the processes of mergers and acquisitions, which include:
- Provision of advice to local and foreign clients regarding the acquisition of shares
- Representing financiers, acquirers, and sellers throughout the processes to ensure efficiency and transparency of the transactions
- Overseeing and providing advice regarding the transfer of the business and other assets
- Preparing necessary purchase and sale agreements
- Acting on behalf of clients to seek and obtain approval from relevant authorities
- Provision of advice regarding joint ventures structuring
Unifying different companies through multiple transactions can lead to varying legal issues such as delays or challenges in the structuring of the deal, processing payments, and working capital adjustments. The companies also require the signing of the sale and purchase contracts, requiring due diligence to prevent future financial and legal problems. The involvement of legal counsel ensures that the deals signed are mutually satisfactory.
Our mergers and acquisitions legal team are determined to ensure that the necessary confirmations and commitments required to complete the deal are met. They will also obtain proof to ensure that the equipment, property, and the intellectual property such as patents, copyright, and trademarks sold belongs to the seller, in addition to assessing any legal cases and contractual obligations.